Natual Resource Management with a focus on water or climate change
The INR is pleased to announce a vacancy for an Applied Researcher. Applicants must have a Master’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Ecological Sciences, or a similar discipline and at least 7 years of professional/applied research work experience. If you do not have this minimum level of qualification and experience please do not apply.
The position requires the following expertise / skill-sets / attributes:
– Detailed knowledge of Natural Resource Management and / or socio-environmental implications of Climate Change.
– A high level of theoretical and practical experience in data collection, processing and analysis methods used in the environmental sciences.
– Project and programme conceptualisation, development, and management (including budgets).
– Experience in proposal writing / bid preparation, both technical and financial.
– Networking, partnership development and fund-raising.
– Communication, reporting and public speaking.
– Well networked in the water, biodiversity, environmental / natural resource management, state, business and / or NGO sectors.
– SACNASP (Pr. Sci. Nat.) or related accreditation in the relevant field(s).
– Interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a team environment.
– Results-driven, with the ability to work under pressure to successfully complete project deliverables on time and within budget.
– The ability to work independently.
– The ability to undertake fieldwork and spend time away from home (may include national and regional travel).
– Willingness to travel, have a valid driver’s license and extensive driving experience.
The following evidence / attributes will be an added advantage:
– Evidence of an existing client base.
– Evidence of practical application of skills in socio-ecological contexts.
– Evidence of practical application of Esri ArcGIS software (QGIS will also be considered), and remote sensing analysis.
Interested persons are invited to apply by sending a letter of motivation that clearly addresses the requirements of the position, detailed curriculum vitae (including the names and contact details of three professional referees), and certified copies of full official academic transcripts, ID and driver’s license to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should state ‘Applied Researcher: Water/Climate Change’. Applications close on 31 October 2021. Should you not have received any feedback by 30 November 2021 you can consider your application unsuccessful.
This position will be a permanent position. Remuneration will be on a full Cost to Company basis and will be market and profile related.