The Institute of Natural Resources (INR) is a Pietermaritzburg-based non-profit organisation that works towards the wise use of natural resources in pursuit of sustainability for the good of the environment and society. We do this through multidisciplinary action research and the dissemination of knowledge. We work closely with community partners in creating solutions which are both practical and easily implemented. In addition, we play an advisory role to government, communities and the private sector.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – POSITION CLOSED
The current Executive Director retires in April 2020. The organisation is seeking a suitable candidate as his replacement. Essential qualifications, expertise, experience and/or attributes are as follows:
– Demonstrated organisational leadership ability and fiduciary responsibility.
– Masters’ degree in environmental or allied sciences, or in business administration.
– Minimum of ten years senior management experience.
– A detailed understanding of action research and the associated scientific process (as it evolves).
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of the environmental sector, and well networked in the sector.
– The ability to engage sector constituents, promote the organisation, build partnerships and secure funding.
– The ability to support the development of capacity of professional and administrative staff.
– Excellent reporting, communication and presentation skills.
A PhD together with significant business experience would be distinctly advantageous.
The Executive Director will be retained on a five-year performance-based contract that could be extended by mutual agreement. Remuneration will be competitive and commensurate with expertise and experience.
Interested persons are invited to apply by sending a letter of motivation which clearly addresses the requirements of the position. This letter should be less than two pages in length and should be emailed to email@example.com. The subject line should state ‘Executive Director’. Do not attach other supporting documentation.
Applications close on 1 December 2019.
Should you not have received any feedback by 15 January 2020 you can assume you were unsuccessful.
The organisation has the following vacancy that we would like to fill by 1 February 2020:
PRINCIPAL ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST- POSITION CLOSED
Applicants must have a Masters’ degree in Environmental Sciences or similar discipline and at least 7 years professional work experience. If you do not have this level of qualification and experience please do not apply.
The position requires the following expertise/skill-sets/attributes:
- Detailed knowledge of environmental management and governance (and application of associated tools).
- Applied research methodologies and techniques.
- Project and programme conceptualization, development, leadership and management.
- Networking, partnership development and fund-raising.
- Communication, reporting and presenting.
- Well networked in the water, agriculture/forestry, State, business and/or NGO sectors.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- The ability to work independently and take initiative.
- SACNASP and/or EAPASA accreditation would be advantageous.
Applicants must be willing to travel and have a valid driver’s license.
Interested persons are invited to apply by sending a letter of motivation which clearly addresses the requirements of the position, detailed curriculum vitae (including the names and contact details of three referees), and certified copies of full official academic transcripts, ID and driver’s license to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should state ‘Principal Scientist’.
Applications close on Friday 15 November 2019.
Should you not have received any feedback by 13 December 2019 you can assume you were unsuccessful.